Aidan Campbell (pronouns: they/them): joined Edelmann and Co. in 2021. Aidan practices in all areas of immigration and refugee law but specializes in assisting individuals making claims for refugee protection, those in immigration detention or facing removal from Canada, and those looking to overcome allegations of inadmissibility. As a member of the LGBTQ2S+ community, Aidan takes pride in assisting queer people and families navigate Canada’s complex economic and family-based immigration pathways.
Aidan has experience before all divisions of the Immigration and Refugee Board, the Federal Court of Canada, the B.C Supreme Court and B.C. Court of Appeal.
Aidan received their Juris Doctor from the University of Toronto in 2018. A focus of their legal education was direct client service and public interest litigation through the immigration and refugee division of Downtown Legal Services, a legal clinic serving low-income individuals.
Aidan articled at an immigration firm in Vancouver, B.C., where they worked primarily on immigration enforcement matters and assisting those looking to access Canada’s economic immigration pathways. Prior to joining Edelmann and Co., Aidan worked at a criminal and immigration litigation boutique where, on top of building their immigration and refugee practice, they assisted with the defence of individuals facing serious criminal charges and resisting extradition from Canada.
Aidan is a member of the Law Society of British Columbia, the Canadian Bar Association Immigration Section and the Canadian Association of Refugee Lawyers. Prior to their legal career, Aidan completed a Bachelor of Science in Mathematics and Economics from the University of British Columbia.
- J.D., University of Toronto, Faculty of Law
- B.Sc., Mathematics and Economics, with distinction, University of British Columbia
- Immigration Detention Duty Counsel, Legal Aid B.C., 2019-Present
- Immigration Advisor to Solid State Community Industries, a non-profit society that promotes the formation of co-operative business by newcomer youth.
- Member of the Law Society of British Columbia
- Canadian Bar Association, Immigration Law Section
- Canadian Association of Refugee Lawyers, 2016-Present