Randall K. Cohn
Randall received his JD with honors from William Mitchell College of Law in St. Paul, Minnesota, and he is licensed to practice in the states of Minnesota and Washington as well as in British Columbia. He practiced criminal defence at the Hennepin County Public Defender’s Office in Minneapolis, and received the 2017 Paul Marino People’s Lawyer Award from the Minnesota chapter of the National Lawyers Guild.
Before turning to the law, Randall was an outreach worker and later a shelter manager for homeless adults and youth in the Twin Cities, and was a co-founder of the Minnesota Harm Reduction Community.
He holds a Master’s degree in International Relations from San Francisco State University and a bachelor of fine arts from New York University.
- Refugee/asylum applications and appeals (Canada and US)
- Removal and deportation defence
- Criminal inadmissibility (Canada and US)
- Criminal defence
- Complex Canadian immigration applications (sponsorships, work/study, express entry)
- Steering committee, Law Union of British Columbia (2018-2019)
- Steering committee, National Lawyers Guild of Minnesota (2014-2017)
- Member, Association of Legal Aid Lawyers
- Member, Canadian Association of Refugee Lawyers
- Pro Bono work in coordination with:
- Dilley Pro Bono Project (Dilley, TX)
- Access Pro Bono (Vancouver, BC)
- Black Lives Matter Minnesota
- Water Protector Legal Collective (North Dakota)
- Jurisdoctorate (cum laude) – William Mitchell College of Law; St. Paul, Minnesota (2015)
- Master of Arts, international relations – San Francisco State University; San Francisco, California (2006)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts – New York University (2000)
- Admitted to practice in Minnesota (2016), Washington (2018), and British Columbia (2019)
- 2017 Paul Marino People’s Lawyer Award; National Lawyers Guild of Minnesota
- 2016 Public Interest Award; National Lawyers Guild of Minnesota